Frecciargento trains run on both high-speed lines and traditional lines, and travel at up to 250 km/h.
Every day, passengers can choose from over 60 connections* with convenient and frequent departure times, allowing you to easily reach Bolzano, Trento, Venice, Verona, Mantua, Genoa, Lecce and Reggio Calabria from Rome, and the Adriatic coast from Milan.
*The number of trains running on this service is reduced at weekends and at certain times of the year. The number shown includes both outward and return services provided by Frecciargento trains.
Frecciargento trains run on the following routes:
- 14 trains connect Rome with Venice, with 2 trains running an extended service to and from Trieste, and 1 from Fiumicino airport. In total, there are 40 trains per day running between Venice and Rome when Frecciargento trains are added to the list, including 10 fast-service trains to guarantee the connection between Rome and Padua takes just 2 hours 59 minutes, and just 3 hour 15 minutes from Rome to Venice.
- 14 trains from Rome to Verona with an extended service continuing on to Bergamo and Brescia (2 trains), Vicenza (2 trains) or to Trento and Bolzano (10 trains); 2 Bolzano-Rome trains continue on to Sibari, stopping at Napoli Afragola, Salerno, Scalea and Paola;
- 2 trains from Rome to Mantua with stops at Florence, Bologna, Modena and Carpi.
- 14 trains between Milan and the Adriatic coast:
- 10 trains between Rome and Puglia:
- 2 trains from Fiumicino Airport to Genoa with stops at Rome, Florence, Pisa and La Spezia.
- 4 trains from Rome to Reggio Calabria with stops at Naples Afragola, Salerno, Paola, Lamezia T., Rosarno and Villa S.G.
ETR 600 trains connect Rome to Venice. They are composed of 7 wagons – 432 seats in total - 2 first class wagons and 5 second class wagons (1 bar/bistro wagon included).
ETR 485 trains connect Rome to Verona/Brescia/Bolzano, Bari and Reggio Calabria. They are composed of 9 wagons – 489 seats in total – 3 first class wagons, 5 second class wagons and 1 restaurant/bar wagon.
Frecciargento are provided with:
At the station
FrecciaDesk for the last-minute reservation change and pieces of information on circulation for all Frecciargento customers.
Welcome on board
From Sunday to Friday Trenitalia offers 1st Class customers a welcome service. Available in a take-away, environmentally friendly and recyclable pack, the customer can choose from five different varieties of snacks: sweet, salted, light to low calorie level, gluten-free and also the special Edition for children. The offer includes a bottle of water and an Illy American coffee or soft drink. On morning trains, the choice of a free copy of one of the major newspapers.
The bar/bistro wagon, in the middle of the train, is dedicated to food services and it’s possible to drink hot and cold beverages and taste snacks, appetizing sandwiches, a wide range of hot and cold courses.
For further information on food services click here.