In case of late arrival of Frecciarossa, Frecciargento and Frecciabianca trains from 30 to 59 minutes after the time scheduled, Trenitalia will issue a bonus equal to 25% of the ticket price that you can use for future purchases.
You can request your bonus after 24 hours from the date of travel and up to 12 months:
The bonus may not be combined either with the compensation recognized in case of delay of more than 60 minutes or with no other type of compensation.
If your train arrived late at the final destination, you are entitled to a compensation for delay equal to:
• 25% of the ticket price for a delay ranging from 60 to 119 minutes;
• 50% of the ticket price for a delay of at least 120 minutes;
• with a bonus for a new ticket to be bought within 12 months;
• cash if the ticket has been paid cash• re-credit for payment made via credit card.
The compensation for delay is calculated basing on the total price of the whole travel solution, and is due also for purchases paid totally or partially with a bonus*.
* The solution is proposed by Trenitalia travel sales systems, and can contemplate the use of one or more services of the national transport in combination and/or in combination with one or more regional transport services, purchased contextually. International trains, other companies’ train and combinations of travels including regional services are excluded. The calculation of the compensation will take into consideration the departure time of the whole solution and, for regional train, the arrival time of the train selected during the purchase process.
You can ask for compensation after 24 hours from the date of travel or the expiration of the season ticket (pass or other specific cards) and up to 12 months:
• at any ticket office; the travel agency that issued the ticket;
•on this site only for ticketless travels purchased on line, using the “Ask for compensation” function, available after having retrieved the journey details;
• by calling the Call Centre or by filling the web form.(indicating the identification code of the reservation - PNR) only for tickets purchased with credit card through the Call Centre or on this site.
If you decide to cancel the trip and if the type of ticket you have purchased so allows, you can request a refund with a deduction of 20%.
You can request a refund before the departure time of the booked train:
After departure time of the booked train, you cannot request a refund for cancellation of the trip.
If you have purchased a regional ticket you can ask for compensation by filling out the form available at the ticket office and on this site and sending it by mail to the Regional/Provincial Management in charge of the place of the travel destination, not later than one year from the event enclosing the original ticket stamped at departure and arrival, or, in the case of an electronic ticket, the PDF copy.
For the regional electronic ticket the validation of the ticket on board of the train on which one travelled is needed.