Assistance to persons with disabilities or reduced mobility
With the coming into force of (EC) Regulation No. 1371/2007, the terms "person with disabilities" or "person with reduced mobility" (PRM) have finally been introduced, equivalent definitions indicating people with reduced mobility, in the use of transport means, due to any physical disability (sensory or locomotor, permanent or temporary), mental disability or handicap, or due to any other disability cause, or for reasons of age, and whose condition requires adequate attention and service adaptation in order to meet their specific needs.
Our assistance service is provided by RFI - Rete Ferroviaria Italiana – and is addressed to:
- individuals in a wheelchair because of illness or disability;
- individuals with limb problems or with difficulty in walking;
- elderly people;
- pregnant women;
- blind or visually impaired people;
- deaf or hearing impaired people;
- people with mental handicap
Sale Blu of RFI are the reference point for all the travel needs of people with reduced mobility. They arrange for assistance in a circuit of certified railway stations.
How to request the assistance service
You can request RFI's assistance as follows:
- by going to the Sale Blu directly;
- by calling the RFI National Telephone Number 199 30 30 60
- by contacting Trenitalia's Call Center:199 892021 option 7 or 06/3000 for users not enabled to call 199
Minimum time for service request
The service can be requested observing the notice periods indicated by RFI.
As for assistance requests in case of international trips please refer to the RFI website