Comfort and speed for our most demanding customers
Fast connections at convenient and frequent times
Frecciargento trains run on both the High Speed line and traditional lines, travelling at speeds of up to 250 km/h with connections that shorten the distance between Rome and some metroplitan areas in northern and southern Italy.
Every day it is possible to select from 44 connections* at convenient and frequent times:
- 16 trains connect Rome with Venice: of these, 2 continue to Udine and 2 to Trieste from Venezia Mestre, while 4 continue to Rome's Fiumicino Airoport;
- 16 trains from Rome to Verona with continuations to Bergamo (2 trains), Brescia (4 trains, which increase to 6 at the weekend) or to Trento and Bolzano (8 trains from Monday to Thursday, increasing to 10 from Friday to Saunday); 4 trains Bolzano-Rome continue to Naples every day;
- 6 trains from Rome to Lecce and 2 from Roma to Reggio Calabria with stops in the major areas of Puglia and Calabria.
- 2 trains from Roma to Mantova with stops in Florence, Bologna and Modena.
- 2 trains from Roma to Genova with stops in Florence, Pisa and La Spezia.
* The figures shown include both outbound and return services made with Frecciargento trains.
ETR 600 trains connect Rome to Venice. They are composed of 7 wagons – 432 seats in total - 2 first class wagons and 5 second class wagons (1 bar/bistro wagon included).
ETR 485 trains connect Rome to Verona/Brescia/Bolzano, Bari and Reggio Calabria. They are composed of 9 wagons – 489 seats in total – 3 first class wagons, 5 second class wagons and 1 restaurant/bar wagon.
Frecciargento are provided with:
- Air conditioning (ETR600/485)
- Sockets for each seat (ETR600/485)
- LCD touch screen monitor in the vestibule with pieces of information on Frecciargento offers and services (ETR600)
- The wagons are equipped with monitor to display pieces of information on travel, news, videos and other useful news continuously updated (except for wagon number 3) (ETR600)
- Courtesy light on the seat (ETR600)
- Spaces for big-dimensioned luggage both in the wagon and in the vestibules (ETR600/485). Wagon number 3 is equipped with 2 seats for disabled people travelling on wheelchairs and 2 seats for helpers (ETR600/485)
- A toilette each wagon (two in wagons number 2 and 3) and one for disabled people in wagon number 3
Services at the station and on board
At the station
FrecciaDesk for the last-minute reservation change and pieces of information on circulation for all Frecciargento customers.
Welcome on board
Starting on April 10 Trenitalia offers 1st Class customers a welcome service. Available in a take-away, environmentally friendly and recyclable pack, the customer can choose from five different varieties of snacks: sweet, salted, light to low calorie level, gluten-free and also the special Edition for children. The offer includes a bottle of water and an Illy American coffee or soft drink. On morning trains, the choice of a free copy of one of the major newspapers.
The bar/bistro wagon, in the middle of the train, is dedicated to food services and it’s possible to drink hot and cold beverages and taste snacks, appetizing sandwiches, a wide range of hot and cold courses.
For further information on food services click here.
Frecciargento customers could enjoy many other additional services that complete the travel making it an even more comfortable experience:
luggage shipment service with "easy luggage"